Sail New York Harbor aboard historic 1885 schooner PIONEER, a floating outdoor classroom full of inspiring, hands-on activities! Students who explore our Harbor estuary under sail increase their environmental awareness of our local natural resources and develop historical perspective on the significant role of the port for our city and our country. Students help raise sail, see the Statue of Liberty and other Harbor landmarks, and observe a variety of ships and waterborne commerce.
About the Schooner Pioneer
– Fully certified and inspected by the US Coast Guard
– Meets all safety regulations for Passenger Vessels
– Operated by a licensed captain and trained crew
– Launched in 1885, traditionally rigged and sailed
– The most historic boat still working in New York Harbor
– Capacity: 36 passengers (including chaperons)
All programs are aligned with the Common Core Learning Standards, Next Generation Science Standards, New York State Math, Science, and Technology Learning Standards, and New York State Social Studies Scope and Sequence.
Programs can be customized to meet your curricular goals and the needs of your students.
Reservations and advance payment required.
Limited scholarships are available.
To book a program, or for more information please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212)-748-8753