The South Street Seaport Museum is temporarily closed to the public to support New York City’s effort to contain the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19).
Suspension of public operations follows:
- All public access at the Museum’s locations including 12 Fulton Street, Bowne & Co. on Water Street and the ships, Wavertree and Ambrose at Pier 16
- Schooner Pioneer sails
- Tugboat W.O. Decker cruises
- Volunteer workdays
- Onsite K-12 education programs
- miniMATES early childhood program
- In-school residency programming
During this time, we will continue to monitor the situation and determine the need for continued closure.
If you would like to stay engaged with the South Street Seaport Museum during this time, Please sign-up for our Newsletter or follow us on social media where we are continuing to highlight the history of New York as a port city, our collection, our community, and more.
South Street Seaport Museum
By subway: Take the A, C, 2, 3, J, Z, 4, or 5 train to Fulton Street.
By bus: Take the M-15 SBS or M-15 to Fulton Street.